Change of Major/Degree Objective

Undergraduate students who wish to change their degree major objectives should obtain a change of major form at www.sjsu.edu/registrar/forms. The form requires the approval and signatures of the appropriate university official(s). The completed form for students with fewer than 90 units must be returned to the Registrar's Office. Students with 90 or more units must submit the change of major form to AARS for review. Students changing to undeclared major must also submit the completed form to Academic Advising and Retention Services (AARS). Upon further review and approval by AARS, the forms are processed and filed with the Registrar's Office.

The change of major is not official until the approved form is on file with the Registrar's Office. This form may also be used to move from undeclared to a major; declare a second major, or change a minor. Change of undergraduate major and minor forms are downloadable from www.sjsu.edu/registrar/forms. For graduate change of major, see www.sjsu.edu/gape/forms.

Students who have earned more than 90 earned units (counting no more than 70 community college transfer units) are not likely to be approved and will need to appeal.

Change of major is not guaranteed.